Weelsby Woods, Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Weelsby Woods, Grimsby, Lincolnshire

Weelsby Woods is a large public park in Grimsby with mature trees, woodland, and grassy areas ideal for recreation.

Donated in 1950 to the Borough of Grimsby the land was once the grounds of Weelsby Villa. Victorian maps of the area display a Manor House, a Villa Plantation, a Pheasantry and a large pond.

During the Second World War, the Woods were used as a camp for Italian prisoners of war.

Photo Attribution: Peter Chapman


Address Weelsby Woods
Weelsby Road
Grimsby
Lincolnshire
DN32 8PY
Telephone 01472 313131
Area More information on Grimsby