Henry Godson's Almshouses, Heckington, Lincolnshire

Henry Godson's Almshouses, Heckington, Lincolnshire

In the delightful village of Heckington, on a pleasant and traditional green, stand the Henry Godson Almshouses.

Constructed in 1886 they feature red brick in Flemish bond, slate roofs with raised stone coped gables and moulded
kneelers. Godson bequeathed four Almshouses to the village and they were used for the sick and poor until 1912.

On the left hand side of the building, next to the phonebox, is an ashlar datestone inscribed - Henry Godson's Almshouses 1886.

Please note the properties are private residential dwellings.


Address Henry Godson's Almshouses
Village Green
Church Street
Heckington,
Lincolnshire
NG34 9RG
Telephone -
Area More information on Heckington