St Peter's Church, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

St Peter's Church, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

The first church on the site was a Saxon one, built in the 11th Century, and was one of forty-nine churches in Lincoln at the time.

Badly damaged during the bloody 17th century Civil War conflict it became almost a ruin and, a century later, the church was pulled down.

A new one was constructed, though seemed quite meagre, and it proved inadequate for the larger congregations. Finally, during the late 19th century, the smaller building was taken down and the present day church was built.

The architect was Sir Arthur Blomfield (to whom the famous novelist and poet, Thomas Hardy, was an architectural assistant until 1869).


Address St. Peter's Church
Eastgate
Lincoln
LN2 4AA
Telephone -
Area More information on Lincoln