Lindum Cricket Club, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

Lindum Cricket Club, Lincoln, Lincolnshire

The Roman name for Lincoln was Lindum Colonia, and their ninth legion was based here. The club logo is a Roman Centurion, with the Roman numerals IX representing the legion.

Lindum Cricket Club was formed in 1856. Both the club and the ground are known locally as "The Lindum". Minor Counties cricket has been played at the Lindum for over a hundred years and other important cricket events have also been held here.

In 1895 the Lindum was seen as "the strongest provincial team in England"


Address Lindum Cricket Club
Saint Giles Avenue
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
LN2 4PE
Telephone -
Area More information on Lincoln