Things To Do near Oak Meadow Cottage

Page 1 of 1005 Results
St Mary's Church, Hundleby, Lincolnshire

St Mary's Church, Hundleby (approx. 1 mile away)

St. Mary's Church, Hundleby, is part of the Spilsby Group of parishes which consists of eight churches, with the vicar resident at the vicarage in Spilsby. A church was recorded as having stood on the site since 1086 but St. Mary's was built in the mid 19th century. There is a...

Spilsby Theatre, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

Spilsby Theatre, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

Thriving arts venue and a successful small theatre offering a lively programme of local and international musicians, theatre and workshops.It is housed in a grade 2 listed former courthouse saved by the Dandelion Trust from becoming a grain store.

Spilsby Town Show, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

Spilsby Town Show, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

Popular town show. Attractions include: a craft marquee, a model tent, dog show, Shire horse show, vintage cars and tractors.

Spilsby Town FC, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

Spilsby Town FC, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

Spilsby Town FC were formed in 1881 and play in the Boston Cropleys Suzuki Premier Division. Although outside the football league system, clubs have in recent years moved up to the Lincolnshire Football League and then the Central Midlands League or United Counties League (the 12th level of the f...

St James' Church, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

St James' Church, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

Built early 14th century in the traditional Spilsby sandstone and apart from the tower, was covered with Ancaster stone in 1879.The tower houses the six bells which date from 1744. The church contains a memorial to Spilsby’s most famous son, Sir John Franklin, the sailor and explorer.

Keal Carr Nature Reserve, East Keal, Lincolnshire

Keal Carr Nature Reserve, East Keal (approx. 1 mile away)

A fine example of the alder carrs of the southern Wolds. Carr is a name for an area of woodland mainly populated with the marsh loving alder tree.

Sir John Franklin Statue, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

Sir John Franklin Statue, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

Sir John Franklin (1786-1847), born Spilsby, was an English explorer who led several expeditions to the Arctic region. In 1829 he was awarded the Geographic Society Gold Medal and was knighted by King George IV. He lost his life during an expedition to find the Northwest Passage, a northern water ro...

River Lymn, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

River Lymn, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

The River Lymn rises on the eastern slope in the Wolds. It flows south-eastwards to the Lincolnshire Marsh, where it becomes known as the Steeping River on the boundary of Great Steeping parish. The main channel is supplemented by the Wainfleet Relief Channel as it passes Wainfleet All Saints, an...

Spilsby Community Library, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

Spilsby Community Library, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

Spilsby Library facilities have been relocated to the Spilsby branch of the Co-op. The hub provides a selection of services and is run by local volunteers and Lincolnshire Co-op. Opening times: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri 9am - 5pm Sat 9am - 1pm, Sun Closed

Spilsby Christian Fellowship, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

Spilsby Christian Fellowship, Spilsby (approx. 1 mile away)

A family friendly, independent church aiming to share and show the Love of God, through practical, emotional and social support to all members of our local community, with an emphasis on families. We offer a variety of services, from our Halton Road premises, and run weekly parent, baby and toddl...

St Michael's Church, Mavis Enderby, Lincolnshire

St Michael's Church, Mavis Enderby (approx. 1 mile away)

Mavis Enderby is a hamlet and civil parish in the East Lindsey district of of the county. It lies in the Lincolnshire Wolds, 4.5 miles (7 km) east from Horncastle.Built during the 14th century, St Michael's Church retains perpendicular and decorated work. It underwent improvement in the 15th century...

War Memorial, East Keal, Lincolnshire

War Memorial, East Keal (approx. 2 miles away)

In memory of those who gave their lives in the Great War (1914-1918).

St Helen's Church, East Keal, Lincolnshire

St Helen's Church, East Keal (approx. 2 miles away)

The parish church seats approximately 250 people and is dedicated to St. Helen. It dates back to 1708 and was restored in 1854-55.

St Andrew's Church, Sausthorpe, Lincolnshire

St Andrew's Church, Sausthorpe (approx. 2 miles away)

Dedicated to St Andrew and a Grade II listed building, the parish church of Sausthorpe was designed by Charles Kirk and built in the early-mid 19th century.Its construction was sponsored by Rev. Francis A. Swan, Lord of the Manor and parish rector, and it was on the site of an earlier medieval struc...

St Helen's Church, West Keal, Lincolnshire

St Helen's Church, West Keal (approx. 2 miles away)

The church was built of green sandstone and brick on a rise above the village in 1623. Part of the church was rebuilt in 1866 and after the church tower fell in September 1881, it was rebuilt in c1844.