Sleaford Castle Earthworks, Sleaford, Lincolnshire

Sleaford Castle Earthworks, Sleaford, Lincolnshire

The castle was built by the Bishop of Lincoln in the early 1120s.

Habitable as late as 1555 it fell into disrepair during the later half of the 16th century and all that remains are earthworks.

Two English monarchs are known to have stayed at the castle, King John and Henry VIII.

Image courtesy Richard Croft, CC BY-SA 2.0


Address Sleaford Castle Earthworks
Castle Causeway
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
NG34 7QN
Telephone 01529 303456
Area More information on Sleaford