Spalding United FC, Spalding, Lincolnshire

Spalding United FC, Spalding, Lincolnshire

Formed in 1921, Spalding United FC are a non-league football club known as the Tulips.

The club was established when Spalding Town (who had played in the Peterborough & District League until then) was reformed. The new club continued to play in the Peterborough & District League, which they won in 1930–31.

Spalding have played at the Sir Halley Stewart Field since their establishment. It was originally known as the Black Swan Ground, until being renamed after Halley Stewart, a local MP, in 1954.

To date, the club have won numerous Premier Division titles, two League Cups and two Lincolnshire Senior Cups. A record attendance of 6,972 was set in 1952 for an FA Cup qualifying match against Peterborough United.

The Tulips play in a home kit of blue with yellow.


Address Spalding United Football Club
Sir Halley Stewart Field
Spalding
Lincolnshire
PE11 1DA
Telephone 01775 713328
Area More information on Spalding