Abbeys, Churches & Priories in Lincolnshire

Page 3 of 129 Results
All Saint's Church, Eagle, Lincolnshire

All Saint's Church, Eagle

The church in the lovely village of Eagle dates from the 13th century and is a Grade II listed attraction. It was rebuilt duirng the 18th century and again in the early part of the 19th century. The village is 7 miles from Lincoln with a population of less than one thousand. There are some ame...

Epworth Old Rectory, Epworth, Lincolnshire

Epworth Old Rectory, Epworth

Transport back to life in the early 18th century with a visit to this impressive Grade I listed building.Built at the beginning of the 18th century, in Queen Anne style, this was the home of Samuel Wesley, rector of Epworth, his wife Susanna and their sons, John, a preacher and writer, and Charles,...

St Wulfram's Church, Grantham, Lincolnshire

St Wulfram's Church, Grantham

The church is built of Lincolnshire limestone and seats some 700 people. Constructed in the early 1300s and at 282 ft, the spire is one of the highest in the country on a parish church. It is also one of the largest medieval churches in the country.

Swallowbeck Methodist Church, North Hykeham, Lincolnshire

Swallowbeck Methodist Church, North Hykeham

Swallowbeck Methodist Church is situated at the junction of Newark Road and Doddington Road. There has been a church building on the site since 1903. The present building opened in March 1953 with the new church hall opened in September 1980. The building provides comfortable, spacious and warm a...

St Michael's Church, Waddington, Lincolnshire

St Michael's Church, Waddington

St Michael's is a welcoming, active and inclusive church in the old part of Waddingon village, on top of the hill just outside Lincoln. There are a variety of events for all ages throughout the week, in addition to Sunday morning services. The 12th-century church was destroyed in a S...

St Helen's Church, Leverton, Lincolnshire

St Helen's Church, Leverton

Leverton is a village and civil parish, situated between the seaside resort of Skegness and the market town of Boston in the south of the county.The Anglican Church of St Helens is a Grade I listed building and was built in the mid 16th century. It was restored in the late 19th century by James Fowl...

St Mary's Church, Hundleby, Lincolnshire

St Mary's Church, Hundleby

St. Mary's Church, Hundleby, is part of the Spilsby Group of parishes which consists of eight churches, with the vicar resident at the vicarage in Spilsby. A church was recorded as having stood on the site since 1086 but St. Mary's was built in the mid 19th century. There is a...

All Saint's Church, Greetwell, Lincolnshire

All Saint's Church, Greetwell

The parish church in Greetwell is a Grade II listed, 11th century limestone building.  Both the west tower and the font date from the 13th century. The church underwent restoration during the 1800s. There are two ashlar monuments to Richard Lely, who passed in 1734 and Anna Lely...

All Saints Church, Croft, Lincolnshire

All Saints Church, Croft

The porch and western tower carry 6 bells. The tower was restored in 1857 and there is also some 17th and 19th century restoration work.

Holy Trinity Church, Boston, Lincolnshire

Holy Trinity Church, Boston

This Anglican parish church dates back to c1848.

St Andrew's Church, Haconby, Lincolnshire

St Andrew's Church, Haconby

The gothic-style church stands in the village of Haconby, in the district of South Kesteven on the western edge of the Fens. It features nave arcades and a tower dating from the 13th century. The priest's doorway may be of the 12th century though this is not established. The Domesday...

St Paul's Church, Spalding, Lincolnshire

St Paul's Church, Spalding

Spalding is a market town on the River Welland, in the South Holland district of county.The red brick Victorian Church of Saint Paul was built during the late 19th century, designed by the eminent architect, Sir George Gilbert Scott, who designed a multitude of churches during the latter part of the...

St Gilbert's Church, Brothertoft, Lincolnshire

St Gilbert's Church, Brothertoft

Dedicated to St Gilbert of Sempringham, the church was part of the chapelry of Kirton in the early 19th century and was owned by the Lord of the Manor. The building was rebuilt during the early part of the 19th century and named in honour of St Gilbert in 1922. Today the church is open and servic...

Swineshead Methodist Church, Swineshead, Lincolnshire

Swineshead Methodist Church, Swineshead

The Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Swineshead is still in use. The chapel of 1845 was converted to a Sunday School in 1906 when a new chapel was built alongside. That new chapel no longer exists and the original building has reverted to its former use as a chapel. It is a Grade II listed buildin...

St Matthews Church, Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

St Matthews Church, Sutton Bridge

This picturesque Anglican Church is dedicated to Saint Matthew and is the only flintstone church in Lincolnshire. It was consecrated on 29th August, 1843. The ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1843 and included the civil parish of Central Wingland, across the River Nene. The village and parish...