Waltham Windmill, Waltham, Lincolnshire

Waltham Windmill, Waltham, Lincolnshire

The present six-storied tower windmill was built in 1878 by John Saunderson of Louth. The mill has two pairs of French millstones (for grinding flour) and 2 pairs of Derbyshire Peak stones (for grinding coarser materials such as animal feed).

One of the sails was lost during WW1 and the opposite one removed to balance it.


Address Waltham Windmill
Brigsley Road
Waltham
Grimsby
DN37 0JZ
Telephone 01472 752122
Area More information on Waltham